Monday, June 9, 2008

Blog Again...

After taking a multi-year hiatus, mainly due to internet message board overcommitment and just plain LAZINESS, I've decided to take on the task again. My girls are becoming such little people now, and I don't want to miss sharing one little anecdote!

Just a quick update: Sarah and Aubrey are now 4 years old... going on 12!! They are really displaying their independence now, trying to tell Mommy what to do a lot and getting very upset when I tell THEM what to do. I'm told it's normal, but I'm not enjoying it at all. However, they are also learning that they can get more things when they use manners, so it's not unusual to hear Sarah ask me, "May can you get me some juice?" or Aubrey give me a sweet hug and say, "You're the best mama!" before asking me for something. Aubrey Linda is quite the manipulator! They are really blossoming into pretty little girls instead of cute toddlers now, and sometimes I just stare at them in amazement at how beautiful they are becoming...


Aubrey Linda in the sun and Sarah Grace in uniform


They now sleep in bunkbeds, Aubrey on top and Sarah on bottom. They are doing really well with it, and it's created more room for their things so that I can finally get all their kiddie stuff out of the family room and make room for baby Sean's things.

Oh, yeah, did I mention I have an 11 month old baby boy also! *lol* To steal a phrase from my friend Jennifer Gordon, "My girls were the icing on the cake, but Sean is the corner piece!!" Since I started with twins, I never knew what it was like to have just ONE baby at a time. Six wee
ks after I had Sean, the girls started a 3k program at a local private school, and I was home with ONE baby from 8am to 3pm. I tell people that I felt like I was getting to have a "first baby" experience, without the nervousness of being a first-time mom! He's a very good baby, too, who has a very calm demeanor and I have to admit he's pretty darn cute!


Life is never dull in my home, and since I don't have a job outside the home, I'm sure I will be sharing my experiences on this blog often... it's like talking to myself but also sharing it with everyone else!

No comments: